Education & Certifications
Master Native Plant Steward | 2019
Washington Native Plant Society
Education and Certification in Native Habitat and Ecosystem Restoration
Certified Sustainable Building Advisor (CSBA) | 2009
Sustainable Building Advisor Institute (SBAi)
Education and Certification in Sustainable Construction Methods and Practices Sponsored by US Green Building Council
LEED Green Associate | 2009 – Current
US Green Building Council
Accreditation in LEED Building Principles and Concepts
Young Executive Program | 2008
Bellevue Chamber of Commerce
Executive Education for Young Business Leaders
Bachelor of Arts | 2003
University of Washington
Promote sustainable practices through consulting in the construction, environmental restoration and green industries.
- Subject Matter Expert for Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) / U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Created 600+ page Built Green Construction handbook and generated green construction checklist for local builder association’s residential building program. Helped implement program for resort community.
- Reviewed marketing and program management content for non-profit’s grant submittal; confirmed submittal met requirements. Client had the potential to receive up to $100,000 for green professionals’ education.
- Generate content and viral marketing material within the social media realm; present material as speaker for local meetings and public events
- Held prominent board of director and steering committee positions within the construction and safety industries
- Hold steering committee position within native habitat restoration industry
- Consulted with individuals and building contractors on how to green their buildings through the use of water conservation, energy efficiency and indoor air quality practices; created specification specific for company
- Consult with individuals on how to incorporate native plantings into their individual landscapes
- Consulted with volunteer organization on how to rebrand themselves to increase their audience and volunteer base within the environmental and habitat restoration industries
Plan, execute, and close construction projects with primary focus on quality, cost, and sustainability.
- Raised sponsorship for product and cash donations for the Green Access Home at Suncadia demonstration home; estimated to exceed $70,000+. Negotiated substantial cost discounts and sponsorships for showcase The Built Green Home at Suncadia, reducing the overall construction cost by 20%.
- Supervised 15 projects; completed the local green certification process for each, which led to 3-Star or higher
- Submitted extensive entry material for national building awards which lead to seven projects with Merits of Honor or top level national awards
Increase awareness and promote a culture of safety for business owners and safety professionals through safety forums, events and support teams.
- Directed corporate safety program and initiatives; resulted in zero major injuries in 2008 and 2009 and a 3% decrease in Labor and Industry premiums
- Chaired King County’s Residential Construction (ResCon) Safety Group while maintaining and expanding relationships with Labor and Industries, OSHA and construction industry safety leaders
- Penetrated safety practices into the construction industry by creating, teaching and facilitating safety training and seminars for local building contractors; grew participation from 7 to 30 members in tough economy
Construction Operations Management
Ensure corporate business operations are efficient and effective to increase overall profitability.
- Assisted President of company with planning, budgeting and strategic planning
- Liaison for corporate legal and insurance issues; implemented new requirements for trade contractors with 100% successful buy in and participation
- Managed benefits administration while also maintained personnel policies and employee handbook
Recent Work & Committee History
Co-Chair of Education Committee
2019 – Present
Boyscouts of America
Steering Committee, Den Leader for First Girls Den within Pack 551
2019 – Present
2009 – Present
Grey Lundberg, Inc. (CMI Homes)
Director of Operations
2005 – 2010
Master Builders Association
Built Green Executive Committee, ResCon Safety Group Committee, & Former BIAW State Director
2006 – 2010
Coldwell Banker Bain
Commercial Real Estate Project Coordinator
2003 – 2005