Education & Certifications
LEED Green Associate | 2009
US Green Building Council
Accreditation in LEED Building Principles and Concepts
Certified Sustainable Building Advisor (CSBA) | 2009
Sustainable Building Advisor Institute (SBAi)
Education and Certification in Sustainable Construction Methods and Practices Sponsored by US Green Building Council
Young Executive Program | 2008
Bellevue Chamber of Commerce
Executive Education for Young Business Leaders
Bachelor of Arts | 2003
University of Washington
Promote sustainable practices through consulting in the construction and green industries.
- Subject Matter Expert for Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) / U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Created 600+ page Built Green Construction handbook and generated green construction checklist for local builder association’s residential building program. Helped implement program for resort community.
- Reviewed marketing and program management content for non-profit’s grant submittal; confirmed submittal met requirements. Client has the potential to receive up to $100,000 for green professionals’ education.
- Generate content and viral marketing material within the social media realm; present material as speaker for local meetings and public events
- Hold prominent board of director and committee positions within the construction and safety industries
- Consult with individuals and building contractors on how to green their buildings through the use of water conservation, energy efficiency and indoor air quality practices; create specification specific for company
Plan, execute, and close construction projects with primary focus on quality, cost, and sustainability.
- Raised sponsorship for product and cash donations for the Green Access Home at Suncadia demonstration home; estimated to exceed $70,000+. Negotiated substantial cost discounts and sponsorships for showcase The Built Green Home at Suncadia, reducing the overall construction cost by 20%.
- Supervised 15 projects; completed the local green certification process for each, which led to 3-Star or higher
- Submitted extensive entry material for national building awards which lead to seven projects with Merits of Honor or top level national awards
Increase awareness and promote a culture of safety for business owners and safety professionals through safety forums, events and support teams.
- Directed corporate safety program and initiatives; resulted in zero major injuries in 2008 and 2009 and a 3% decrease in Labor and Industry premiums
- Chair of King County’s Residential Construction (ResCon) Safety Group while maintaining and expanding relationships with Labor and Industries, OSHA and construction industry safety leaders
- Penetrate safety practices into the construction industry by creating, teaching and facilitating safety training and seminars for local building contractors; grew participation from 7 to 30 members in tough economy
Construction Operations Management
Ensure corporate business operations are efficient and effective to increase overall profitability.
- Assisted President of company with planning, budgeting and strategic planning
- Liaison for corporate legal and insurance issues; implemented new requirements for trade contractors with 100% successful buy in and participation
- Managed benefits administration while also maintained personnel policies and employee handbook
Recent Work & Committee History
2009 – Present
Grey Lundberg, Inc. (CMI Homes)
Director of Operations
2005 – 2010
Master Builders Association
Built Green Executive Committee, ResCon Safety Group Committee, & Former BIAW State Director
2006 – 2010
Coldwell Banker Bain
Commercial Real Estate Project Coordinator
2003 – 2005